Friday, March 22, 2013

DUBTURBO REVIEW: 4 REASONS WHY I DON’T RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM FOR ASPIRING BEATMAKERS

Occasionally, I review software and pieces of gear here at Make Beats 101 if I find them useful for producers and other musicians.
Because there’s already way too many things being advertised to us, I try to only review things that are beneficial to our goal of making great quality music.
Since I want to maintain my sense of integrity, I don’t bother writing about and recommending crappy equipment and software.
And that’s precisely the reason why I CAN’T give beatmaking programs like Dubturbo and Sonic Producer a good review.
I actually almost didn’t write this post, but because these programs are being advertised everywhere on the Internet I figured this post might help someone who’s thinking about buying one of these programs.
In case you didn’t know, I was strictly a rapper first before I started producing my own beats.
When I first started out a few years ago, I did what everyone else would do and searched the Internet for websites that would help me out.
So I went on Google and typed “how to make beats” or some other similar keyphrase. As you’ve probably seen for yourself, I came across websites singing praises about programs like Dubturbo and Sonic Producer.
Luckily, I never bought into the hype because I had producer friends who guided me along the “right path.”
But there are plenty of people who wouldn’t know any better, and end up falling for the hype when they can get something much better for just a little bit more.
So why don’t I recommend aspiring beatmakers to start out with programs like Dubturbo or Sonic Producer, despite the hundreds of glowing Dubturbo reviews out there?
I have my reasons why I think they suck… 4 of them, to be exact.
But before we get started on that, let me tell you about something I’m working on.
I’m in the middle of writing a guide for aspiring producers and bedroom musicians to help you guys make your own music (whether that’s beats or complete songs).
I want you to have it when I’m done — absolutely free of charge. I’m almost done with it, but I need your help to make sure I’m not leaving anything out. So let me ask you this:
If you could ask an experienced producer anything, what’s the one thing that you’re dying to know about making beats and music production?

No comments:

Post a Comment