Friday, March 22, 2013

Dubturbo Review - Is Dubturbo 2.5 a Scam or Not?

When it comes to beat making software, there are many of them available in the marketplace nowadays - Propellerhead, Logic pro, Fruity Loops and the recent addition to the list – Dubturbo. Being an owner of a studio for the last 5 to 6 years, I can tell you with sheer honesty that my wallet has gotten emptied several times. Recently I was having a word with one of my hip-hop artist friends and we started talking about how despite the technology becoming affordable enough to set up studios in homes, there are still expensive software out there which need to be bought before thinking about any hardware equipment.
My specialty lies in making beats. I’m into beats selling and I promote them on Facebook, MySpace and many other websites anytime I get the opportunity. I hardly make decent money by doing all this as my promotion skills are really not the best in the industry and I’m not funded well enough to hire professionals. To add to my woes, I have been having a terrible time recently, especially with the beat making software and techniques. I have always used my Mac, my Logic pro and Yamaha Motif 8 to create beats. Although it works out pretty well with all these, but sometimes it takes too much time to get the results, not to mention the learning curve that all these equipment involve!
This world is a very big place and there are many things out there that we have no clue about. Now among all those things, there might be a few which can actually be of great benefit to us but we never have enough time to explore them or even take that first step towards learning about them. With the advent of the Internet and the advancement of information technology, things have gotten slightly better now.
I spent a great deal of time online and off-line before finding a great beat making software – Dub Turbo which cost me an unbelievable $ 29.95! My first impression about the software was that either it would be complete junk or something simply meant to scam people. I carried out some research online and looked up some discussion forums, apart from its official website. I was not as intrigued by the Dub Turbo software itself as much as I was about the price that it was being offered for. I feel that even if it was a piece of crap, I haven’t even spent $100 on it!
So yes, I went ahead and purchased Dubturbo and I must admit that I have had a pretty pleasant experience with it. Overall, when I think about its interface, controls and navigation, all the features are well advanced and the design looks far better than any top-notch beat making program like Logic pro or Fruity Loops out there. The process of making beats was easy and the interface is simple enough for even the novice users. Frankly speaking, it is right up there in the league of $300 and more software! I would rate it 10 out of 10 any given day!

No comments:

Post a Comment